Thandai syrup- 3 tbsp
Milk- 1 ½ cup
Whipped cream- 1 ½ cup
Agar-agar- 15 gms
Water- ½ cup
¾ tsp lemon juice
Pistachios- for garnish
- Take a deep pan and mix agar-agar, water and milk together. Bring it to boil and keep stirring the mixture continuously.
- Add thandai syrup and sugar and cook the mixture on a medium flame to about 2-3 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and strain it using a sieve.
- Take it out into a metal bowl and keep it in a deep vessel containing ice-cubes for about 10-12 minutes, until the mixture thickens and cools down. (Note: whisk the mixture continuously till it is in the ice cube vessel to avoid any lump formation)
- Add the beaten whipped cream and lemon and fold gently.
- Pour the mixture into a glass or bowl and refrigerate for about 2-3 hours until the mousse sets.
- Garnish it with pistachios and serve chilled.